May 6, 2008

Mining is like a search-and-destroy mission.

No Questing, no Instances, but scouring the fields for metal veins.

I have dropped skinning now I am almost 70 and have taken up engineering. (note: i took up skinning purely for the gold revenue)
As I had neglected to maintain mining besides my skinning, it was still on a sub 100 skill level. Not that important since I had to begin with copper stuff anyway.

So there we went, roaming the country sides in search of precious metal and gems. After a lot of circuit‘s in the Barrens, a Thousand Needles, Hinterlands and Tarnaris, I am now mining Thorium ores in Sithilus. A great place. All the hives have two separate caves, which in turn usually have 2 rich ooze covered thorium veins. Good pickings. Especially when you can stealth to the vein without fighting a single mob.

The reason for me taking up engineering is very simple actually, as a rogue I have the ability to vanish when things go south. A nice trick that can save some serious repair costs. So there you stand, your party members probably very dead. How do we turn vanish into a group loved trait?

Long live goblin engineering, they can create and use the Jumper cables XL. The success rate of these XL cables compared to the normal ones is significant, about 50-60% where the normal are stuck at about 25-30%.

So now I can save the group a walk when things go bad in an instance and shock a rezzer back to life…

The only problem is that the XL cables are a drop from Plugger Spazzring in BRD, not vendor bought. So when I spotted a not so pricy schematic on the AH, I went for it and bought it.

When I grind my way up in the engineering profession, I really would like to make the Flying machine.
Fun fact: the elemental seaforium charges needed for the flying machine are obtainable at revered with the consortium.

Grind baby grind =).

69 and climbing.

No comments: