Apr 28, 2008

The Path of Conquest

*Ding*, level 68.

I am drawing near to level 70. I have finished up all quests in Terokkar Forest and Nagrand. Wel.. I have about 5-6 Quests left in Nagrand, but they are all group quests. Just waiting for a suitable moment to go and finish those up.

For the moment my playing grounds are Shadowmoon Valley, the home to the Black Temple where Illidan resides. It is one of my least liked questing zones, so better get it out of the way now.

My endeavours have already netted me enough gold to buy me my flying mount, with a bit to spare afterwards so I wont be completely broke.

Last night I helped out Muuka and Meson with the quest line "The path of conquest". It is a path that leads up to a platform with some crystals. The respawn rate of the blood elves that guard the path is phenomenal. We had several really fun pulls. As in both semi-bosses Corock and the chancellor, a son of Corock and a handful of assorted blood elf guards. We managed quite well. Thank god both Muuka and mason have a fair amount of hit points for Mirkador to spend his manapool on healing up again. They were fun and hectic fights.

While doing the quest, there also drops a book that starts another quest. That quest is all the way up at the end of the path where the crystals are. I forgot the name of the quest, but it entails the summoning of four waves of elites. We tried it, but were beat down. After two attempts we thought better of it and let it go for now.

I could not join in on the last part of the "path of conquest", you have to slay colossi while in disguise. I did not have a disguise, so no slaying for me.

I returned back to shatrat where I picked up some help from two hunters to complete "the Skettis offensive". I tried and solo it twice before, but I failed to kill the last wave of three birds fast enough to give me some time to prepare for the final big bird.
With the two hunters assisting, they went down very fast. And around my neck now hangs the Choker of Bloodied Feathers. I returned the favour to the hunters by helping out on defeating Dirty Larry and his band of scoundrels.

I re-did my calculations on honour points, and came to the conclusion that 18 + 9 <> 24. I don’t know how that 24 sticks in my mind, but instead of 24K honour I need 27K. Small difference, but it needs to be worked on one of these days.

No comments: