Apr 17, 2008

Mark's of Thrallmar

I did some BG's again last evening. Still saving up for Gladiator's Shanker and Gladiator's Shiv for when I hit level 70. The 40 Eye of the Storm Mark's of Honour are almost done, and I am currently sitting on about 18K honour.
I had a fun time in EoTS. I teamed up with a warrior, and the two of us were a good team. We were able to capture a tower and defend it against some considerable odds.
I stood on the beginning of the ramp trying to catch the alliance mounted, that means out of combat and 10 seconds time to deal with possible buddies of his. The warrior hid behind one of the pillars and would charge the unfortunate alliance player that attacked me. We had some intense fights witch in most cases we were able to win. I met that warrior 4 times again that evening in EoTS.

Later I went to mop up some unfinished quests in Hellfire peninsula, and I saw the three towers were either uncapped or alliance flagged. So I picked up the daily quest "Hellfire Fortifications" to get some Mark's of Thrallmar. I want to pick up Terminal Edge and/or Mark of Conquest. The mark of Conquest is insanely good for Hunters as it has a ~7-8% proc rate and gives both health and manna on all shots. The manna part is why this baby is so good for Hunters. As I am using daggers, I am hoping that it will be useful in BG's, sort of like a second "cheat death" =).
The thrown weapons is definitly worth the trouble, they are very good and easy to pick up.

While trying to capture the towers a alliance shadow priest (70) thought of me as the perfect way to get some fast marks, as killing me near a tower gives him one mark. We duked it out a couple of times and once I even go him close to 10% of his hitpoints. A very lucky premeditation, shadowstep, ambush, kidney shot without his shield up made him a bit panicky, and I almost got the upper hand. I think it was a Shadow word Death that ended that thought.

Shadow priests (and warlocks) are very vulnerable to push back's on their spell's. So when you see a long cast, try to make that one as long as possible by relentlessly attacking him. It is a nice trick to push it back as long as you dare and when the cast is almost completed, punch in a kidney shot... =)
We duked it out about 6 times before I stealthed away and heart stoned to safety. I'll complete the quest tomorrow, one tower left to capture.

No comments: