May 15, 2008

Running the Gauntlet.

After completing the pre-Quest in Old Hilsbrad, in which we reunited young Thrall with his love Taretha, I looked for a group to run the Black Morass.

In Black Morass you need to help the possessed wizard Medivh to open the black portal which will bring the Horde to Azaroth. (note, the Horde come from a place called Draenor, perhaps in a next expansion we get to see this place too)
However the dragonkin of the Infinite Dragonflight are not happy with this and will try to destroy Medivh while he attempts to open the portal.

Our group had a perfect setup. A druid tank, mage, warlock, resto-shaman and yours truly.
Now mutilate is not the best tanking spec, but I was on add duty none the less. The mage and warlock understood that my spec doesn’t shine while trying to semi-tank the ads from the front which seriously gimps my DPS output, and chipped in with damage on the ads with the occasional CoC and DoT. None of the ads made it further away from the portals than 15 feet.

We defeated the waves and the sub-bosses without using any of the chorno-beacons, and when Aonus spawned we promptly greeted him with 5 guardian dragons. It was quick and painless =).

Aonus dropped the Handgrips of Assassination, I now have my first piece on this set. The 2 piece bonus seems really nice, so I think I will be running the Shadow Labs to get the chest too.

Also, I could no longer restrain myself in waiting for Season 4 to commence, which would also mean S2 for honour, and bought the S1 daggers, Gladiator’s Shanker and Gladiator’s Shiv. They are a tremendous DPS upgrade and hit for real nice numbers.

No comments: