May 27, 2008

Meet Grizander

Now I have kicked the rogue all the way to level 70, and have him running some instances and PvP, I once again start to miss the pleasure of levelling a character.

So, meet Grizander…
A Blood Elf Paladin. His name as pink as his class colour. =)
Grizander’s ambition in life is to become a tankadin.

I never really set foot in the Blood Elf starting area before. And I must say I had a nice time there levelling him to 20. The starting area is Eversong woods and sends you here and fro on some gathering and the usual killing quests. The thing that struck me in the frst levels is how nice the items were gotten from quests. Level 2 swords and shields were as beautiful as some epix I have seen. In Ghostland you encounter mostly undead, daemons or animal creatures.

In Ghostlands you get to visit Deatholme. Deatholme is the largest Scourge outpost in the Eastern Kingdoms outside of the greater Plaguelands, and appears to be jam-packed with temples, ziggurats and slaughterhouses. The variety of enemies in the area include undead nerubians, banshees, wraiths (Eyes of Dar'Khan), and human necromancers with their skeletal minions. Dar'Khan rules this odd assortment from the Tower of the Damned, along with his undead lieutenants.

There are quite a few quests to be done in there, and some o them are group quests. And lo and behold, a low level paladin seems to be quite capable to hold his own in difficult situations. I managed to solo all of them bar the end fight with Dar'Khan Drathir, wich is classed a 5 man fight. I did not even bother to try =).

After finishing up in Ghostlands you get send to Tarren Mill, and I maneged to do something quite silly while traveling there. My normal route traveling from Tarren Mills to the Scarlet monestary is through the lake in Alterac Mountains, mich I also did in this case but traveling in the opposite direction. However doing this at level 21, you first meet level 21 opponents wich are followed up by ?? ones. Four corpse runs, and as much blessigs of protection later while legging it at full speed away from the evil tigers and spiders that inhabit the area, I got killed and was able to ask to be hit with the hammer of ressurection at Tarren Mill's grave yard. =\

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blood elf starting area is the best starting area in the game I think. They put a lot of effort into that one ! Wish they would revamp some of the older areas to bring it up to par ;).